Membership
Cool Links
Keep TEW Alive!

SundayMondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFridaySaturday
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Eternal Watch Forum Index -> MMO (WoW, SWOTR, GW2, NW, etc.) Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mithoron
Guild Founder

re: NW: For new people...things I'm learning

So new people hopefully will be joining. I have been evangelizing to the others in the guild to come and why they are not is beyond me. It's a FREE game...yet people are wanting to spend $15/month for WoW, $13/month for AC2, or blow $60 on Guild Wars 2...and yet they won't play a FREE-TO-PLAY game...that in my opinion, is better than all of those.

But enough of my rant...for those who are starting out, here are a few of the things I've come to discover. Also, I hope people add their own discoveries and I'll update this list as needed...

• Windows are expandable. OK, I moaned and groaned about having to keep scrolling through my inventory window...and it wasn't until I was level 30 that I realized the damn window can be expanded. Silly, I know, but I never passed the mouse to the corners...oh well.
    • Before you log off, always make sure you have a good supply of crafting materials on your characters (e.g., for tailors, thread). It's frustrating when you are at work or somewhere else and doing offline crafting to suddenly see a nice random blue recipe appear, and find out you are missing something stupid that you could have bought before logging.
    • When out of materials and doing offline crafting, DO LEADERSHIP. You can get some nice rewards, XP, and even cash and diamonds. It's actually pretty nice.
    • ONCE YOU ARE LEVEL 11, ALWAYS log in once a day to at least cast your invocation. Celestial Coins disappear after 1.5 days, but if you refresh daily, they stay. There is a max of 7, so do it for a week, buy your box, and repeat. Very nice rewards.
    • Ardent Coins from invocation are permanent. It takes 360 coins (1/day) to get the Angel companion...so you won't be seeing them around until next year, hehehe...but keep your daily invocations going.
    • Invocations stack if you log off. If you just log in to cast your invocation, they are on an IN-GAME timer...so cast, log off, and each day you'll refresh or get an additional buff until you play.
    • If you are NOT crafting, send your materials to the guild bank or another character who is. It's a pain to keep sending your workers out to get stuff when there are people who have plenty of stuff sitting in their inventory but not crafting (Rain).
    • You can mail stuff to your alts just by using your @accountname address. It will be seen by ALL your characters so you can swap things around back and forth.
    • Astral Diamonds can NOT be send through mail; however, Idols are very common from Nightmare Lockboxes...do not cash them in as Idols ARE mailable and tradeable. I keep a stack of idols in my mailbox and whichever character needs diamonds, I grab a few idols and turn them into Rhix (40,000 diamonds/idol). It's a quick way to keep diamonds available for all characters.
    • If you do not have idols and want to move some diamonds around quickly, here's a neat trick. Put some diamonds up for sale for Zen at an outrageous price and then immediately cancel the exchange once you post it. The diamonds go into a "holding" area that ANY CHARACTER on your account can access, so just click the "Withdrawal" button and you get them!
    • Insignias can be sent through mail, so after you finish a zone, after you bought your Lion Seals and have spare ones left over, send them to a lower level alt to use. Seals are not tradeable, so it's a good way to help feed your alts with gear.
    • When you do Skirmishes, there are some chests which are only ONE-TIME lootable (others cannot loot after). They usually contain a blue item...learn the location of these chests and when you do a skirmish, grab them. You can sell them on the AH fairly cheap, but in one run, if you grab all boxes, can make 300-500 diamonds through the AH. Or again, send them to one of your low level characters.
    • Some quests award RAW/Uncut Astral Diamonds. These can pile up without getting converted to actual diamonds, so I've had to occasionally go into my Inventory, select the Currency tab, and you have a button to REFINE your uncut diamonds. If you are running low on diamonds, this may be where they are hiding ;)

Last edited by Mithoron on Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Retired:

Dragon Nest - Mithoronette (60 Spirit Dancer), Mithoronett (60 Soul Eater)
Star Wars the Old Republic - Mithoron (50 Sith Sorcerer)
Rift, Keenblade - Mithoronette (50 Riftstalker)
World of Warcraft, Icecrown - Darkmithoron (80 Deathknight), Mithoronakon (82 elemental Shaman), Mithoronakei (80 Resto Shaman)
Age of Conan, Wiccana - Mithoronette (80 Herald of Xotli)
Aion, Triniel - Mithoron (40 Spiritmaster)
Lineage 2, Seighart - Ladymithoron (55 Phantom Summoner), Wraithmithoron (50 Spellhowler)
Asheron's Call II OLD: Wraithmithoron (58 Zealot), Mithoron (55 Invoker), Deldharn (60 Clawbearer)
Ahseron's Call II NEW: Mithoronette (46 Zealot)
Asheron's Call I, Harvestgain - Mithoron (100 Battlemage)    

Croyd:
...this is not a democracy. It's a Mithocracy!
knight776

-One handy keyboard command to remember is L. This opens the Neverwinter Landing Page (the screen that pops up just after you log your first character in). The reason to remember this is because when you complete a Daily Quest (Skirmish, Domination, Dungeon, Foundry), you don't need to go all the way back to Protectors Enclave to talk to Rhix...You can get in touch with him by clicking the Daily Quests graphic in the lower right corner.

- Each class has a particular skill they can use (Dungeoneering, Arcana, Nature, etc.) on those nodes you find lying around. If you have kits that are the same as your racial skill, send or sell them...You don't need them.

- It seems that crafting timers run even while the servers are down (I guess they give them a set time to expire). So, like EVE Online, if the servers are going to be down a while, set a long crafting mission going before you log off, like the Recruit missions. Eventually, you're going to have to upgrade your profession person asset, and you'll need 4 to do so...It takes 18 hours, so set that one to run if the servers will be down for a while. (Emergency downtimes not included. Happy )
Mithoron
Guild Founder

Thanks for that L trick! Definitely spares the need to go back to the NPC after dailies!

Retired:

Dragon Nest - Mithoronette (60 Spirit Dancer), Mithoronett (60 Soul Eater)
Star Wars the Old Republic - Mithoron (50 Sith Sorcerer)
Rift, Keenblade - Mithoronette (50 Riftstalker)
World of Warcraft, Icecrown - Darkmithoron (80 Deathknight), Mithoronakon (82 elemental Shaman), Mithoronakei (80 Resto Shaman)
Age of Conan, Wiccana - Mithoronette (80 Herald of Xotli)
Aion, Triniel - Mithoron (40 Spiritmaster)
Lineage 2, Seighart - Ladymithoron (55 Phantom Summoner), Wraithmithoron (50 Spellhowler)
Asheron's Call II OLD: Wraithmithoron (58 Zealot), Mithoron (55 Invoker), Deldharn (60 Clawbearer)
Ahseron's Call II NEW: Mithoronette (46 Zealot)
Asheron's Call I, Harvestgain - Mithoron (100 Battlemage)    

Croyd:
...this is not a democracy. It's a Mithocracy!
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Eternal Watch Forum Index -> MMO (WoW, SWOTR, GW2, NW, etc.) Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: