Membership
Cool Links
Keep TEW Alive!

SaturdaySundayMondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFriday
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Eternal Watch Forum Index -> MMO (WoW, SWOTR, GW2, NW, etc.) Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Holler

re: NW: Holler broke the AH

So pick up NW to give it a try as something to dabble in while I wait for queues in WoW or a diversion and I crash the game.

I have a Control Wizard and a Devoted Cleric. Game is ok, D&D meets SWTOR so far is my feel, that's not a bad thing. Class mechanics seem a little clunky but I'm a noob. Crafting is overly tedious at the start, I guess it'll get better later on. Combat is fairly dynamic but not all that engaging as it sounds. It's always a group of 4 or 5 minions or 2 minions and a LT to contend with. By level 20 I'm already seeing the same maps used.

Finding Foundry quests was horrible. I didn't see a language filter (the first 3 suggested were in German) and I couldn't search by shortest amount of time. Some of them were rated at 1,100 minutes, who has that kind of time to devote when the bonus event is only for another 58 minutes.

I did have fun and the game is pretty enough, even though my toons have new gear they look the same still. I'm looking forward to my next session too. Before I invest too much time I have to see how they handled the exploit. If it's a token clean up then it's going to be like Diablo or something that has exploits o'plenty.

Any development on the extent of the exploit? Some of the sites I peruse, some more shady than others, indicate it was much more widespread and available for much longer than Perfect World is letting on. I understand some of the PR aspect of keeping things tight but some of it sounds like the damage is irreversible. One thread has multiple people claiming to have exploited 100s of millions of AD and gifted it to regular people as well as alt accounts. Sounds like the exploiting account got banned while the gifted alts weren’t banned and still had a majority of their AD stock.

I’m waiting to see how the AH looks when it comes up. I thought the prices were hyper inflated before. I did that quest you get at 12 – 14 where you go talk to the broker to see if there are upgrades available. Nothing was less than 100k AD which I had like 1k-2k.

I'll add you to the friends tonight if I get on (I'm @vesprin). WoW raiding is Tuesday - Thursday until 1am. Friday will probably be the first time I can really log in and do stuff. But depending on how this exploit pans out I may join the guild and then quit playing.

I think it was pretty widespread and known for a while. The offending accounts which have hundreds of millions of AD are banned, but as you said, some of it was spread around, so who knows.

In the long run, the AH will even out. I have a feeling initially it's going to be jacked up like before, but I think a week, at the most 2, prices will settle down.

Honestly, I wish they would do a full wipe. I think that would be the best thing just in case it was as rampant as stated, and even if not, it's BETA. As long as the Zen and real $$ spent was credited to the accounts. I think that is the one thing holding them back from a wipe. The money's been spent, and I doubt they have the means for such a massive refund...

Retired:

Dragon Nest - Mithoronette (60 Spirit Dancer), Mithoronett (60 Soul Eater)
Star Wars the Old Republic - Mithoron (50 Sith Sorcerer)
Rift, Keenblade - Mithoronette (50 Riftstalker)
World of Warcraft, Icecrown - Darkmithoron (80 Deathknight), Mithoronakon (82 elemental Shaman), Mithoronakei (80 Resto Shaman)
Age of Conan, Wiccana - Mithoronette (80 Herald of Xotli)
Aion, Triniel - Mithoron (40 Spiritmaster)
Lineage 2, Seighart - Ladymithoron (55 Phantom Summoner), Wraithmithoron (50 Spellhowler)
Asheron's Call II OLD: Wraithmithoron (58 Zealot), Mithoron (55 Invoker), Deldharn (60 Clawbearer)
Ahseron's Call II NEW: Mithoronette (46 Zealot)
Asheron's Call I, Harvestgain - Mithoron (100 Battlemage)    

Croyd:
...this is not a democracy. It's a Mithocracy!
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Eternal Watch Forum Index -> MMO (WoW, SWOTR, GW2, NW, etc.) Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: